Words for inventors who dream about creating new playthings
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Off to the Big Apple
Like many of you, I will be among the TIA estimated 20,000 attendees at Javits next week. Aren't we excited!?!? I look forward to seeing all those 100,000 products especially the 7000 "never before seen in the world"! I may try finding those 7000 since after Toy Fair, few will be at my local Target, Walmart, and TRU. With such an overwhelming and mind boggling amount of product, I just might settle for locating 174 new exhibitors among the 1200 clustered along the Javits aisles. Have a great Toy Fair!
If you have a minute with everything going on for Toy Fair, check out my guest post on the Purple Pawn, a blog about our industry.
Ron has spent over forty years of his career heading development departments and managing processes to transform ideas into new products for a variety of industries, including toys and games. Twenty- seven of those years were spent at Milton Bradley and Hasbro. During that time he headed MB’s Education Division, product managed game lines, including Yahtzee, and served as Director of R & D at Playskool. He rose to vice president of Inventor Relations for Hasbro Games, where he met with hundreds of inventors. Ron currently does contract development work and consults to the industry.
1. Click on the "comments" link at the end of each post: 2 COMMENTS
2. This link will take you directly to the comment posting page where all the comments are displayed. At the bottom of the page, you will see a box labeled: Post a Comment
3. Type your comment in here.
4. Below the "Post a Comment" box, you will see a Comment As pulldown menu option. This selection determines how you will be identified as the author of the comment. There are several options including Google (gmail) account, AIM, and Anonymous. Select "Anonymous if you do not wish to be identified.
5. Click the "Post a Comment" button to publish your comment. You should see your comment appear at the bottom of the page.